Third Party Video Frame Grabbers -- Do they exist?!

drascic at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca drascic at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 4 08:37:54 AEST 1990

Does anyone know anything about using frame-grabbers with the irises?  We
know about the SGI LVD (Live Video Device, or something like that).
Unfortunately, it costs a fortune we do not have.

There are gobs of VME-bus devices out there.  The only problem is the lack
of drivers.  So, my question: Has anyone every used a third party video
frame grabber with their Iris (or know of someone who has)?  Was it hard?
Expensive?  Who made it?  Can we borrow your drivers :-) ?

Please reply via e-mail to
	drascic at ecf.utoronto.ca
   or	SpIke at vered.rose.utoronto.ca
I'll post a summary of replies if people are interested.

Thanks in advance!

	David Drascic
	Dept of Industrial Engineering
	University of Toronto.