Another F77-3.3 Bug

Calvin H. Vu calvin at dinkum.sgi.com
Tue Jul 3 04:11:58 AEST 1990

In article <9006291416.aa20103 at VGR.BRL.MIL> XBR2D96D at DDATHD21.BITNET (Knobi der Rechnerschrat) writes:
>        program bug_6822
>        logical*1 bla
>        logical  bla4
>        bla  = .true.
>        bla4 = .true.
>        write(*,*) bla,bla4
>        if(.not.bla)  write(*,*) 'bla is false'
>        if(.not.bla4) write(*,*) 'bla4 is false'
>        end

	This is introduced in MIPS 2.0 release to allow logical*1 variables
to contain integer*1 values (for VMS compatibility).  There was an oversight
in the implementation that caused integer operations on the logical*1
variables.  This has been fixed in the 3.3 maintenance release (and in MIPS
2.10 release).

Sorry about the inconvenience.
- calvin