building X11R4 on personal iris

James Helman jim at baroque.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jul 4 06:04:53 AEST 1990

Back in April I posted the patches I used to compile the X11R4
distribution on our 4D/220 under IRIX 3.2 (without server, of course).
The patches are available by anonymous ftp from fresnel.stanford.edu
in pub/4DX.  In addition to the patches, the X11R4 client binaries,
includes and libraries are also there.  Caveat 1: I haven't tried
recompiling under 3.3 yet.  Caveat 2: XPutImage in SGI's X server
(IRIX 3.2 and 3.3) has several problems drawing 1 bit images, e.g.
using xwud to display window dumps from a monochrome Sun doesn't work.

Jim Helman
Department of Applied Physics			6 Trillium Lane
Stanford University				San Carlos, CA 94070
(jim at thrush.stanford.edu) 			(415) 723-9127