DEC and TEK

russell at CCU1.AUKUNI.AC.NZ russell at CCU1.AUKUNI.AC.NZ
Fri Jul 27 18:06:27 AEST 1990

 >1.  One of our sales people would like to sell some SGI machines to someone
 >    who would like to use them to replace some VAXes driving Tektronix 4011
 >    terminals and such.  Any ideas on what software one would put on a SGI
 >    to allow it to act as a host computer to Tek displays?

I don't see the problem. TEk 401x are just ascii terminals, solong as the
applications software will run on the SGI then it should all go. If it *is*
a question of the applications software then you will have to be a lot more
specific.

CA are supposed to have DISSPLA available soon for Irix.

We are looking for an ISPP ( calcomp interface routines, PLOT and PLOTS etc.)
to drive Tek 4014 terminals.

The other possibility is they might be using PLOT10, which comes from
Tektronics ( I think).

Cheers, Russell.