C compiler bug

Kevin Kuehl krk at cs.purdue.EDU
Sun Jul 15 13:16:38 AEST 1990

In article <40159 at mips.mips.COM> mark at mips.COM (Mark G. Johnson) writes:
>  Sequent  S81  DYNIX V3.0.17.9      SGI   Iris 4D/120GTX   Irix 3.2
>                                     Sun   SPARCstation 1   SunOs 4.0.3c
>                                     MIPS  RC3240           RISC/os 4.50
>                                     Apollo DN4000          BSD 4.2 DOMAIN-IX

I would go with the non-Sequent machines here also.  Our Symmetries
sometimes generate really strange code.  We have traced apparent bugs
in software to flags given the C compiler.  Compile the software with
one flag and it dumps core, compile it with another and the program
runs just fine.

Kevin
krk at cs.purdue.edu
...!{gatech,ucbvax,uunet}!purdue!krk