startup of the 'twilight' background generator

Trevor Paquette paquette at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Wed Jul 4 22:49:02 AEST 1990

In article <9007021822.AA29486 at chem.chem.ucsd.edu>, sdempsey at UCSD.EDU (Steve Dempsey) writes:
> On a 4D/25TG running 3.2.1, I get the following message deposited in
> /usr/adm/SYSLOG whenever the Howard Look/Trevor Paquette/Reuel Nash
> 'twilight' background generator starts:
>
> Jun 27 11:58:45 sdchemi2 grcond[1705]: CIO: SGI_set_rects: state not initialized
>
> Has anyone else seen this?
 ... stuff deleted ...

   There is a bug in the version posted that will cause the Personal Iris to
 crash. It has to do with one routine not finishing drawing and another routine
 suddenly sending tokens to the gfx pipline before the other is done.
   I am gogin to post a new version within the next few days that should fix
 this problem and includes some enhancements (shooting stars, a moon and
 'venus'.)
    Trev