Driving simulator

Danny Baldoni flint at cutmcvax.OZ
Fri Jul 6 20:49:18 AEST 1990

I've just commenced work on a driving simulator (for road safety analysis)
using a 4D70-GT and I would like to know if anybody has done anything
similar (e.g. a more detailed flight simulator).

If you have worked in this area (on an IRIS), just what are the major
trouble spots?  Which areas cause computing bottlenecks?  How can you
speed up your simulator?  In particular, what problems have you had with
timestamping events (a response resolution of one millisecond has been
requested)?

Any replies would be appreciated and I'd be happy to summarise them for
this newsgroup.  Please respond as quickly as possible as this project
is on a tight schedule.

Thanks.

	Danny Baldoni

Phone:  +61-9-351-7450                      | School of Computing Science,
ACSNet: flint at cutmcvax.oz                   | Curtin University of Technology,
UUCP:   ...!uunet!munnari!cutmcvax!flint    | GPO Box U1987,
ARPA:   flint%cutmcvax.oz at uunet.UU.NET      | Perth,