C compiler bug

Kuck And Associates kai at sp1.csrd.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 18 09:39:41 AEST 1990

mark at mips.COM (Mark G. Johnson) writes:

>The "wrong answer" machines contain 4 different CPUs (R2000, Cy7C601,
>R3000, 68020) and employ 3 different C compilers.

It appears the "wrong answer" machines are all Big Endian (bytes are stored in
memory in the order 4321, as opposed to the S81's i386 processors, which are
Little Endian).  Perhaps the code isn't quite portable.

Patrick Wolfe   (pat at kai.com, kailand!pat)
System Programmer/Operations Manager, Kuck & Associates
"Any opinions expressed are my own, not my employers's.
 Please don't call my boss and complain ... again."