Response to questions about ALIAS software

Adele Newton anewton at alias.uucp
Tue Jul 31 03:35:44 AEST 1990

This is in response to Anders Lassen's recent posting regarding ALIAS software:

Mr. Lassen is running an old version of ALIAS software.  V2.4.1 of ALIAS/2
was replaced in January, 1990 by V2.4.2.  V3.0 will replace V2.4.2 and will be
released at the end of July, 1990.

Sections in >><< are Mr. Lassen's comments and questions:

>>In the dope sheet, deleting a key-frame is not possible.<<

Some Personal Irises had a problem with doing anything to the keyframes in the
dope sheet.  The system was hung up and the only way out of it was to do a hard
reset.  In many cases, simply powering down the PI would solve the problem.
This problem was corrected in later revisions of the workstation.

>>Envoking the SDL editor causes the application to halt.  Anyone know how
to fix it?<<

>>In addition, I want an answer as to how to create procedures of your own in
SDL.<<

>>The SDL-interepreter "renderer" does not allow procedure declarations in the
syntax.  Only procedures compiled in the renderer can be invoked.<<

The SDL editor problem described above occurs only when the process is run in
the background.  To avoid the problem, we recommend that you do not run the
editor in the background.

V3.0 will provide a substantially improved SDL syntax and much more flexibility
for users.

Alias Assist Software Support has provided answers to these questions.  Alias
Assist is available to answer questions related to hardware or software,
computers or design for 8 a.m. or 8 p.m. EST to Alias customers who subscribe
to software support.