Ray-tracing

Tom Weinstein tomw at orac.esd.sgi.com
Thu Jul 12 02:38:41 AEST 1990

In article <9007092046.AA07962 at frodo.Physics.McGill.CA>, loki at physics.mcgill.ca (Loki Jorgenson Rm421) writes:

> 	Does anyone know if any of the currently available PD ray-tracing
> packages is particularly useful on the IRIS?  A 4D/25 in our case.
> The best known one I would guess would be the MTV RayTracer.  But how
> easy it to use with the existing IRIS graphics library?

> Loki Jorgenson			node:  loki at physics.mcgill.ca

I got rayshade working fairly easily on a 4D/20.  You also need to get
the utah RLE toolkit.

Most raytracers shouldn't really have any compatibility problems with
the GL because all they do is write out an image file of some sort.  The
problems begin when trying to display the images on the screen.

--
Tom Weinstein
Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems
tomw at orac.esd.sgi.com
Any opinions expressed above are mine, not sgi's.