yp and named

Robert G. Brown rgb at PHY.DUKE.EDU
Mon Jul 2 14:57:54 AEST 1990

On a closer examination of our SG 220S (it's useful, sometimes, to
actually look >>before<< you answer somebody's question) it looks
like SGI's yp version does not support the -b option for makedbm.
It therefore has no line
NAMED=-b
with the matching references in the hosts section.  And (presumably)
it won't use the named when the YP are on.  Unless there is an
undocumented -b option (possibility 1) or unless SG has a clever way
of making the yp use named different from BSD.

So I guess the guys at SG will have to answer this one.  Rats!  Just when
I thought, 'Hey, I know the answer to that...'

    Rob Brown
    etc.