Bibliography Systems for IRIS

karron at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU karron at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU
Sat Jul 28 10:00:54 AEST 1990

Does anyone have experience with the various bib database systems out
there for unix, particularly, those that I can run on my IRIS workstation ?

What system do you use and do you like it ? What would you like to see.
What about the Documentors Workshop stuff from sgi ? Is is any good for
academic bibs ? Freeware ? Commercial systems ?

Has anyone tried or is using ocr scanning to input abstracts and text
whith an eye to extracting the bib info ? Are there any systems for this.
 Is there any ocr support that will run on an iris ?

How does tex compare with postscript for paper writing ? How is the
sgi TeX system ?

Dan.
| karron at nyu.edu                          Dan Karron                          |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .             New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \ \    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |