(none)

randy frank randy at TESSA.IAF.UIOWA.EDU
Tue Jul 3 07:05:42 AEST 1990

Two unrelated questions and a note:

	1) in Workspace I have ICON rules with open and closed states but
	   only my directory types are ever displayed in the open state.
	   ie when I open a file it does not go to the open state under
	   Workspace.  If I hold the file open (ie never close it) will
	   that work?  Or do I need to notify a manager or some such thing?

	2) has anyone built vn on an SG?  I have rrn running just fine but
	   vn 'seg viol's out in an index call in open tcp socket. If you've
	   experienced this and fixed it please Email me.

A note about IconSmith: First, I love it.  Works great.  I've been running on
our PI mostly because WYSIWYG with the concave polys stuff.  I had to modify
the ftr.merge nawk script though because of the number of include files I use.
For each ICON rule I use a pre,open,closed, and post .fti file.  If the file
does not exist the include line is ignored.  (I have a least 20 filetypes
defined)  The nawk script does not close the include files after reading them
and after about 15 includes nawk tells me there are too many files open and
stops.  I added the line 'close(infile);' after the while lines and it works.
--
rjf.
Randy Frank, Engineer                       |  (319) 335-6712