How to reconfigure keyboard via NeWS

John D Mccalpin mccalpin at vax1.acs.udel.EDU
Sat May 5 08:58:26 AEST 1990

In article <7267 at odin.corp.sgi.com> kipp at warp.esd.sgi.com (Kipp Hickman) writes:
>This postscript hack that switches the caps and control keys has been
>known to kill wsh (rarely, but it doesn happen)....I believe there is
>a subtle bug in the postscript.		kipp

I have not seen that happen, but I have seen a very annoying bug with
declaring the backspace key to be "delete".  Occasionally when I hit
`backspace' in the vi editor it acts as if I have typed:  ESC h
The net result of which is to pop me out of insert mode and to back up
the cursor one space. This is extremely annoying, and I will probably
delete the patch soon to get rid of the bug....
Has anyone else seen this?
John D. McCalpin                               mccalpin at vax1.udel.edu
Assistant Professor                            mccalpin at delocn.udel.edu
College of Marine Studies, U. Del.             mccalpin at scri1.scri.fsu.edu