Beginner! How do I do text?

Michael G. Hart hart at BLACKJACK.DT.NAVY.MIL
Sat Nov 17 02:52:50 AEST 1990

Warning!: Beginner question ahead!

I want to have a program pop a window, and have all stdi/o
go to the new window.

I know I can use the cmov2s() and charstr() functions, but I'd
like to be a little more portable, and less graphic -
my initial requirements are for non-graphic programs.

Should I fork a wsh, then kill the parent?  Since this will
only leave the child, will it's stdi/o go to the new wsh?

Am I really missing the boat here?

Please don't tell me RTFM; there are seven of 'em spread out in
front of me.