SUMMARY: printer half printing...

Claude.P.Cantin at NRC.CA Claude.P.Cantin at NRC.CA
Fri Nov 23 07:00:00 AEST 1990

At the beginning of the week I had asked a question concerning  the fact
that the printer I had installed on a 4D/280S (on port ttyd56) would
only accept the first 8 to 10 lines of text.

I got two responses, one of which corrected my problem.

>From: fsfacca at avelon.lerc.nasa.gov (Tony Facca)
>I'm just grasping here, but perhaps you need to keep your port open while the
>print job is finishing.  I have this in the system startup file which holds
>the line open all the time, see if it helps..
>
>      nohup sleep 10000000 </dev/ttyd56 &
>      sleep 3
>      stty 9600 ixon -parity </dev/ttyd56

Special thanks to Tony who responded within one and a half hours after
I sent my question.  This is TERRIFIC turn-around (I opened a call at
the hot-line at the same time I sent this question, and they have NOT
called me yet!!!!)

Also thanks to Martin Liversage (operator at iris.kth.dk) who responded to
my querry.

   Claude Cantin (cantin at vm.nrc.ca, CANTIN at NRCVM01.BITNET)