DSP board in Personal Iris

Michael Portuesi portuesi at tweezers.esd.sgi.com
Tue Nov 20 04:38:16 AEST 1990

> Hello,

> I am trying to find a way to get speech from formant values in real-time.
> My plan is to have a formant to speech synthesizer on a DSP board.

> Has anyone plugged a DSP board into the VME(6U) slot in the PI?
> If so, which one?  How well did it work?  Were there any complications?
> Does DMA work at all?  How much did it cost?

> Thanks.

Depending on the cost of a third-party DSP board, you may want to
consider upgrading your PI to the new 4D/35, which not only gives you
an on-board DSP, but much faster performance as well.

m.
--
__
\/  Michael Portuesi   Silicon Graphics, Inc.   portuesi at sgi.com

"But while a husband is out hunting wolves and collecting pelts,
 there's more for his mate to do than mind the cubs and tidy up
 the den."

	--Nina Fischer, "How to Help Your Husband Get Ahead"
	part of the Amy Vanderbilt Success Program for Women