gnu emacs

arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Thu Nov 1 01:54:14 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct30.185918.9719 at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu>, kenyon at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu (Robert Kenyon) writes:
> kenyon at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu (Robert Kenyon) writes:
>
>>"0000-Admin at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU writes:
>
>>>I'm still failing to compile GNU emacs on my 4D/20 running IRIX 3.3.1...

Since so many people (including me) have had so much trouble compiling
EMACS, I have a modest proposal: could some kind soul make the SGI EMACS
executables available via anonymous ftp?  If they were willing, could
sgi.com serve as the distribution point without running afoul of
Stallman's copyright, etc?

This would save a **LOT** of person-hours throughout the SGI user community
and also decrease the traffic on this group.
Raymond W. Arritt                     |
Assistant Professor                   |
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy        |  "everyone knew that as time went
Univ. of Kansas                       |   by they'd get a little bit older
Lawrence, KS  66045                   |   and a little bit slower..."
arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu             |
arritt at ukanvax.bitnet                 |