GNU tar: need alloca

Gary Blumenstein garyb at gallium.uucp
Fri Nov 23 05:19:20 AEST 1990

I'm trying to compile GNU tar on our Iris running version 3.2 and it needs
alloca which we don't have.  I was told by SGI support that we have this
on our development system options tape however, we have no space left to
install this along with whatever else is contained in the distribution.

Does anyone have a public domain alloca.c for the Iris which builds the
appropriate libraries that GNU tar needs?

Many thanks in advance.

- Gary
--
Gary M. Blumenstein,  UNIX System Manager     EMAIL: garyb at gallium
  ___         United Parcel Service, Research & Development