3.3 disk loss

Andrew Marriott saila at cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au
Tue Nov 27 00:59:21 AEST 1990

G'day,
	I have been told that 3.3 will lop approx 7-8 megabytes from a 200M bytedisk due to (?) partioning, file system differences, none_of_the_above, etc.
Since we are currently running 3.2.1 on PI's with standard disks and run pretty
full (NFS,YP), we are worried about losing 7-8 Mbytes from each disk in a change over.

	Could I have some response from SGI re this. Perhaps I have been
misinformed or perhaps I have misunderstood.

		ta muchly.
					saila
	Andrew Marriott.
                                            | School of Computer Science,
ACSNet:    saila at cutmcvax.oz                | Curtin University of Technology,
UUCP:   ...!uunet!munnari!cutmcvax!saila    | Kent Street,
ARPA:      saila%cutmcvax.oz at uunet.UU.NET   | Bentley
--
	Andrew Marriott.