new, improved ical; was Re: Ical update

Peter Jaspers-Fayer SOFPJF at VM.UOGUELPH.CA
Sat Nov 24 02:28:24 AEST 1990

My mail to Seth bounced.  Sorry all.

Seth.  Thanks for ical. Thanks for the "hack" to allow self-compiling
C programs (I love it).  The big square clock flickers annoyingly, so
having the small time printed on the calendar is ideal.  However,

I get a nastygram:
ERROR #98  gconfig: not enough bitplanes for RGBmode.: ERR_INVAIDMODE

(*sigh* I've only got 8).  And my sun is white (not yellow).  Can anyone
tell me what to patch?  I suspect it's these 2 lines.  How do I tell
the system what kind of graphics board I have?  Man pages are no help.

    RGBmode();
    gconfig();

glear(1) causes my system to complain too.  SGI says that it's because
it's not checking properly to see what kind of graphics board I have.
Maybe I should just upgrade :-)

 /PJ                                                SofPJF at VM.UoGuelph.Ca