Epoch 3.2 on Personal IRIS

James P. Loan loan at Neon.Stanford.EDU
Mon Nov 5 13:43:53 AEST 1990

Has anyone out there successfully built and used Epoch 3.2 on an IRIS?

I'm having trouble getting Epoch 3.2 to run properly on a Personal IRIS
(IRIX 3.3.1). When building it, the only changes I made to the configuration
files was to comment out

#define HAVE_TIMEVAL and
#define IRIS_UTIME

from s-iris3-6.h, and add the line

#define HAVE_GETWD

to config.h. It seemed to build Epoch just fine, but there are some major
problems when I run it.
(1) It won't accept filenames on the command line
(2) When in Epoch, pressing C-x causes a beep and the error message:

select error: Invalid Argument

Needless to say, Epoch (or Emacs for that matter) is not very useful without
C-x.

Has anyone else found and solved these problems?

thanks in advance,
pete loan
loan at neon.stanford.edu