edge (was Re: Program dieing immediatly upon execution)

Mike Gigante mg at
Mon Nov 12 07:49:12 AEST 1990

Another thing to be wary of when using edge is that winopen("..")
does a fork(). When using edge, it is worthwhile to add a call to
foreground() (on the line before winopen) t your code.

You can also select the other process from the top window of edge.
Make sure that you set a breakpoint after the winopen line otherwise
it will be finished (or crashed) before you get to seect it.

BTW, for us, edge being unable to debug programs with sharable libraries
is a *major* pain in the neck. (We have a mixture of models and only
the server has the development environment -- our users have a rlogin window
to the server for compiling their code, another wsh running locally)

Is this likely to be addressed?

Mike Gigante, RMIT Australia