Slooow backups with BRU

Dan Karron karron at KARRON.MED.NYU.EDU
Tue Nov 27 11:08:06 AEST 1990

Check out bstream to buffer stuff to your device so it can stream. I have found
that some 9tracks (Cipher) reel back and forth to write data that is
not blocked properly. With bstream blocking, the tape only moves forward.

I noted previously here that there were NO sgi entries in the /etc/brutab.

That seems silly. If sgi is going to support bru, they would at least let
bru know about the devices it had brewing. Someone should clue bru into
doing the write thing with a new bru tab. (I could not resist rhyming)

Cheers!

dan.
| karron at nyu.edu (E-mail alias that will always find me)                      |
|                             *           Dan Karron, Research Associate      |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *           New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \*\    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |
| Main machine: karron.med.nyu.edu (128.122.135.3) IRIS 85GT                  |