Multiple archives on one tape

Bill Lasher W0L at psuvm.psu.edu
Fri Nov 16 01:02:07 AEST 1990

We have an environment with a large number of users (~400) on a group of
machines.  I am looking for a simple way for these people to archive files.
We have 1/4" cartridge tapes, and tar (or bru) won't allow you to append
archives.  The result is the users have lots of tapes with small files on them.
Any suggestions that won't require the users (they are students) to buy *REAL*
expensive tapes?

Bill

P.S. Floppy drives won't do it; some of the files are too large (up to 20M).