Problem with csplit .....

Finn Drablos finn.drablos at sintef.no
Mon Oct 1 23:37:22 AEST 1990

I have a source code file with several subroutines. Each subroutine is
started with a comment line with 'BEGIN <name-of-routine>'.

Now I want to split this into separate files with csplit, and as I
understand the man page the following command should work :

csplit -k source.src /BEGIN/ {40}

However, it seems to split up to the first BEGIN, and then the next 40
lines. It does not use the pattern 40 times. I have tried /BEGIN/{40},
'/BEGIN/ {40}', '/BEGIN/{40}', '/BEGIN/+0 {40}', '/BEGIN/+0{40}',
'/BEGIN/'{40} etc. ...

Am I doing something obviously wrong, or is there a problem with csplit?
I am using csh and IRIX 3.2.1.

Thanks in advance!

Finn Drablos                 PHONE +47 7 997710       FAX +47 7 997708
MR-Senteret, UNIMED, SINTEF  C=no;P=uninett;O=sintef;G=finn;S=drablos;
N-7034 TRONDHEIM, NORWAY     MHS(EAN)    : finn.drablos at sintef.no
                             EARN/BITNET : drabloes at norunit