path for forkunix/seqfork

David S. Browning browning at nas.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 17 11:58:14 AEST 1990

Using:  IRIS 4D/60, IRIX 3.2 (4Sight 1.4, if that's significant)

I'm confused about the path used for forkunix or seqfork NeWS
commands.  I was doing the "exercise" in the _4Sight Programmer's
Guide_, Section 3 ("Programming the IRIS Window Manager"), Chapter 4
("Customizing the IRIS Window Manager").  Copy /usr/sbin/toolchest
into your home directory and modify it, and the "Tools" toolchest menu
has your modification in it.  But put it in ~/bin, and it won't work
(the default /usr/sbin/toolchest gets used instead).  How can I fix
the path used by forkunix/seqfork?  I tried to put ~/bin in my path in
both .cshrc and .profile, but no luck.  Am I trying the right thing,
and just not doing it correctly?  There must be some way to put these
customized psh scripts somewhere other than my home directory!
Thanks.

-- David

| Internet:  browning at wilbur.nas.nasa.gov           Phone:  (415) 604-4321   |
| UUCP:  {hplabs, mailrus, ucbvax, etc.}!ames!amelia!browning                |
|"the nice thing about true hopelessness is that you don't have to try again"|
| -- jules shear                                                             |