turning lighting on, off, on again

Scum cycy at isl1.ri.cmu.edu
Sat Sep 15 10:43:58 AEST 1990

I have a problem which, after much experimentation, seems to be that once I
turn lighting off, I can't turn it back on again. I've tried rebinding the
material (I turn off lighting by lmbind(MATERIAL, 0)), but that doesn't seem
to work. I've even tried redefining all my material, my lights, and my
lighting model and then rebinding, but this doesn't seem to work either. Can
anybody tell me how exactly one is supposed to turn lighting back on again? I
can't find it in the manuals (only how to turn it off). Also, I turn the
lighting off so I can draw in regular RGB mode flat shaded polygons, if
that's important. I'm running on Irix 3.2

				incredibly thankful in advance,
						-- Chris (cycy at ri.cmu.edu).
--

                                       -- Chris. (cycy at isl1.ri.cmu.edu)
"People make me pro-nuclear." -- Margarette Smith