3.3 C Weirdness

Eric Pepke pepke at gw.scri.fsu.edu
Wed Sep 26 11:14:11 AEST 1990

In article <70109 at sgi.sgi.com> davea at quasar.wpd.sgi.com (David B.Anderson)
writes:
> b) the resulting code will defininitely
> not work on our machines if one has
>         int x(float);
>         int x(y) float y; { }

Strange.  I have 15,000 lines of code with stuff like this out the wazoo,
and it seems to work fine.  Of course, the prototype is visible when the
function is defined.  Perhaps the compiler does the sensible thing in
spite of whining about it.

Eric Pepke                                    INTERNET: pepke at gw.scri.fsu.edu
Supercomputer Computations Research Institute MFENET:   pepke at fsu
Florida State University                      SPAN:     scri::pepke
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4052                    BITNET:   pepke at fsu

Disclaimer: My employers seldom even LISTEN to my opinions.
Meta-disclaimer: Any society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers.