Help: 32MB in PI25

Trevor Coulson krja at runxtsa.runx.oz.au
Fri Sep 7 10:40:52 AEST 1990

         We have a Personal Iris 4D/25 & would wish to upgrade the machine
to 32MB. Currently, it is populated with 1MB (9x1mb) SIMM modules. I understand
that 2MB SIMM modules are required to expand the machine up to 32MB. A local
supplier of memory was unfamiliar with 2MB SIMM modules & needed more more
information about them:-
         Do they contain 18x1mb chips? If so, is there 18 on one side on the
module or 9 on each side? What is the part No?
         Alternatively, a reference to a supplier (& current prices) would be
greatly appreciated (A US source would be fine). Silicon Graphics (Australia)
is an obvious supplier - however, a 32MB upgrade is in excess of A$20000 or
US$16000. I am aware that PROM revison 7 (at least) is required to support
32MB of memory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                                          Cheers Trevor.