mt fsf command and bru backups

Scott R. Presnell srp at babar.mmwb.ucsf.edu
Fri Sep 14 04:16:01 AEST 1990

Hi all.

	I've been doing backups on a exabyte device using some home brew
scripts.  So far no problems as long as you specify the block size.
I can save, list, and extract things with relative ease.

	The confusion/problem I have is this: inside the script, I keep
track of the number of bru "files" I have written.  But when I use
	 "mt -f /dev/nrexabyte fsf X"
I don't get to the "file" I want to list or extract.  It seems
that the file I want is at about X*3 or so by mt's count of files.
(btw: **thank you** for the -L and -g option -  how I figured it out).

Any hints?  It's not a big problem, but it's something of a nuisance.

I write the files like so:
	"mt -t /dev/nrexabyte feom ; bru -c -b 128k -f /dev/nrexabyte /usr"

This is on a Personal Iris 20G running IRIX 3.2.1.

	Thanks.

	- Scott Presnell

--
Scott Presnell				        +1 (415) 476-9890
Pharm. Chem., S-926				Internet: srp at cgl.ucsf.edu
University of California			UUCP: ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!srp
San Francisco, CA. 94143-0446			Bitnet: srp at ucsfcgl.bitnet