3.3.1 questions & complaints

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Sun Sep 30 07:59:17 AEST 1990

>It looks like the "nosuid" mount option isn't provided as well.  This
>would be a very useful thing, especially when you want to cross mount
>NFS filesystems from different administrative domains.
>
>Any plans to provide this in the near future?

If you do, consider either 1) having the "nosuid" option *also* disallow
access to character and block special files on a file system mounted
"nosuid" (regardless of whether the file system is a local one or an
NFS-mounted one) or 2) providing an option to disallow that access....
(We chose 1) here, and I suggested it to Sun as well, complete with
suggested code changes....)