imake

Gary S. Moss VLD/VMB <moss> moss at brl.mil
Wed Sep 26 23:06:58 AEST 1990

In article <JIM.90Sep25152241 at baroque.Stanford.EDU>, jim at baroque.Stanford.EDU (James Helman) writes:

|> 	imake -I/usr/lib/X11/config -TOPDIR=/usr
|>
|> Almost, but imake still thinks it's in the source tree try:
|>
|> 	imake -I/usr/lib/X11/config -DTOPDIR=/usr -DUseInstalled

Better yet, use xmkmf.  It's easier to remember and saves typing.

$ xmkmf
mv Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11/lib/X11/config

There should be no need to define TOPDIR with UseInstalled defined.  I'm
not sure if xmkmf comes with the SGI X binaries, the X development package
or whatever, but it's free from MIT.  Note that xmkmf knows where to find
your config files.
-Gary