Binary Programs on Info-Iris

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Sat Sep 22 03:52:08 AEST 1990

In article <9009201522.AA00565@>, lmo at lsr-vax.UUCP ("Lance M. Optican - LMO")
writes:

|> Who is Paul Haeberli, and why does he give away
|> all those nifty programs in binary?
Paul is a Principle Engineer in our research group and he gives away all those
swell programs because he's a nice guy.

|> It would be a big help to us mere mortal programmers
|> if instructions were included on extracting and
|> running such programs.

Save the article in a file somewhere and issue the command

	uudecode <somewhere>

uudecode creates a new file which is the executable binary.  Read the uudecode
man page for more details.  The executable binary extracted by uudecode is
ready to run.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."