Missing Software ?

John Fwu john at ERIN.JSC.NASA.GOV
Sat Sep 29 06:27:08 AEST 1990

    After we got our 3.3 upgrade, we were looking for the DWB and Laser
Printer options too.  After contacted the SGI Hot line, they told us those
software didn't get revised. -- This is not mentioned in the release note.

    We used to copy all upgrades to disks, then used the network to upgrade
those systems without tape drive.  This time we suffered a lot, after
consulted with SGI hot line, we found out that 'distcp' does not working
as before.  -- This is not mentioned in the release note.

    We used a remote tape drive to upgrade those systems without tape
drive, and we had to modify /usr/etc/inetd.conf
from:
	tftp dgram udp  wait  guest /usr/etc/tftpd  tftpd -s /usr/local/boot
to:
	tftp dgram udp  wait  guest /usr/etc/tftpd  tftpd
otherwise we will get TFTP error.

    Since our ethernet traffic is heavy, SGI hot line instruct me to type
	'set timeout 45'
to get ride of timeout problem while using remote tape drive.

    Hope this mail can save you two~three days of time. GOOD LUCK!!!
\ J. John Fwu                     \ Internet: fwu at mpad.span.nasa.gov     \
 \ Barrios Tech.                   \ SPANnet: MPAD::FWU                   \
  \ NASA JSC, ER4/BARR              \ TEXnet: UTADNX::UTSPAN::MPAD::FWU    \
   \ Houston, TX 77058               \ Voice: (713) 483-8101 FAX: 483-3204  \