Bash for 4D/25

Rajeev Jayavant jayavant at hpfcdj.HP.COM
Fri Sep 14 04:41:37 AEST 1990

/ hpfcdj:comp.sys.sgi / tomw at orac.esd.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein) / 10:01 am  Sep 11, 1990 /
>In article <9009111436.AA09719 at banach.aca.mcc.com>, nong at MCC.COM writes:
>> I have trouble in getting GNU's Bash to compiled on 4D/25 running 3.3
>> Has anyone got it to work.  I would appreciate any advice/tips/help.
>
>> Thanks,
>
>> -------------
>> Nong Tarlton
>> Microelectronics and Computer Technology Corporation
>> nong at mcc.com
>
> Bash will work under IRIX-3.3 whenever Brian gets around to releasing
> version 1.06.
>
> --
> Tom Weinstein
> Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems
> tomw at orac.esd.sgi.com
> Any opinions expressed above are mine, not sgi's.
> ----------
I spent some time last weekend porting bash-1.05 to Irix.  I currently
have it running on a 120GTX under 3.2 and on a 210GTX under 3.3.  I
gave up trying to get job control working under 3.2, but it seems to
work fine under 3.3.  I only made minor changes to config.h,
machines.h, jobs.c, and nojobs.c to get things working.

I have sent a message to Brian informing him that I have what appears
to be a working version for Irix, but have not heard back from him
yet.  If bash-1.06 is not going to be released anytime soon, I can dig
up the original 1.05 sources and generate some diffs.
							Rajeev