repost of problems with pcnfs

Roberto Togneri robert%odin at swanee.ee.uwa.oz.au
Tue Sep 11 11:47:55 AEST 1990

Oops it looks like a case of look before you leap. After reposting the
article on problems with PC-NFS I discovered to my embarrassment that
I did get an answer from Jack Weldon (jweldon at csd.sgi.com)

Regarding the comment on the line printer problem. Yes it is true that
pcnfsd.c assumes that one is running Suns lpr program but I found that
this was easily fixed by changing the references in the code to lp
and removing some of the options. This hasn't caused any problems other
than copying files to the spooler which I don't think is dependent on
pcnfsd.c, or is it?

Thanks for the information on mounting filesystems and the hanging issue.
The former is a just an inconvenience while the latter is more serious.
I'm happy to see that the bug has been fixed in versions 3.2 and above.

--
Dr. Roberto Togneri
Dept. of EE Engineering                 ACSnet: robert at swanee.ee.uwa.oz
The University of Western Australia     INTERnet: robert at swanee.ee.uwa.oz.au