Looking for a source for 150 meg tapes...

Tim Anderson tima at agora.uucp
Fri Sep 7 09:41:34 AEST 1990

What EXACTLY do I do to get ahold of some tapes for this machine? (a 4D/20
with a 150 meg tape drive). Coming from the DOS world, I haven't a clue
as to whom I should call to have these things delivered. I'm sure that
INMAC has them, but I don't particularly feel like paying INMAC
prices! Do I have to order a particular type? Brian at SGI in Bellevue
said 'remember to get 3M 600 foot 12,500 FTPI tapes'. So is this for the
60 meg ones, or for both the 60 and 150 meg ones?

I want to back up all of the neato demo's that are on this machine before
I blow them all away to get some disk space... It appears that I have
'more than the average' amount of demo stuff on here...

If I order the 'Sun' tapes from GNU, I have to get them 'DD' formatted,
correct? Any other incantations that I should know about?

Are there any decent editors out there that won't break my bank? Seeing
as how I was bloody lucky enough to get this machine, begging the boss
for another $400 to get the 'AMES editor' is real, real likely... Maybe
if the afore mentioned uemacs fixes ever made it out to the real world...

Thanks!

tima at agora.hf.intel.com