PD nroff (of sorts)

Lennart Lovstrand lovstran at EuroPARC.Xerox.COM
Mon Sep 10 06:42:36 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep8.005221.6101 at relay.wpd.sgi.com> ciemo at bananaPC.wpd.sgi.com (Dave Ciemiewicz) writes:
> There have been requests on this alias for PD alternatives for formatting
> nroff documents, especially for manual page viewing.  A program called awf
> [...]

You may also want to take a look at James Clark's ``groff'' in the GNU
archives at prep.ai.mit.edu.  Groff includes an implementation of
troff, pic, eqn, tbl, and the man macros and has drivers for
Postscript, TeX DVI, and typewriter-like devices.  Also included is a
modified version of the Berkeley me macros, and an enhanced version of
the X11R4 xditview.

It requires GNU's g++ 1.37.1 (available at the same location) or any
commercial C++ compiler implementing version 2.0 of the C++ language.

Works great!

--Lennart
--
Lennart <Lovstrand at EuroPARC.Xerox.COM>			R   _A _  N_   K
Rank Xerox EuroPARC, 61 Regent St, Cambridge, UK	\/ |_ |_) | | \/