TFTP security or lack thereof & shared binaries

Len Zaifman LEONARDZ at VM.UOGUELPH.CA
Wed Sep 26 07:49:25 AEST 1990

1 ) We would like to distribute some software from a tftp server , but only
    allow certain named systems access. I can see how to restrict the server to
    specified directories(also required), but how do you lock out all but
    specifically named systems access  to the named directories, or worse yet
    name systems which can access given directories ?? ie. sys 1,2,3 can
    access dir a & b, but only sys1 can access dir c and only sys3 can access
    dir d .

    If this is in the manual, I and many others here have missed it.

2 ) We have an application written in C that up to 60 users can use. The code
    is not large , ~ 600K stripped , but it would be nice to set it up so
that the code is sharable, as we are hitting the physical memory with ~ 15
    users and would like to avoid paging. There is no graphics , display is
    just text to vt100 terminals. Is there a way of compiling/linking so that
    the code is reusable.

                                                           Regards,
                                                           Len Zaifman

Len Zaifman
Information Technology Coordinator,College of Physical and Engineering Science
Department of Computing Services
University of Guelph
Guelph,Ontario.  N1G 2W1
(519)821-4120 xt 6566