rgb -> PICT

bruggink at vms.macc.wisc.edu bruggink at vms.macc.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 12 02:00:32 AEST 1990

>Subject: Wanted: RGB to PICT conversion utility
>
>Does anyone have a program to convert SGI color image files to the
>standard Macintosh Color Quickdraw format (PICT 2)?
>
>David States

I use a Macintosh utility called "PICTure This" (cost <$100) which will
convert many image formats to PICT files (e.g. TARGA, TIFF, GIF, Sun Raster).
On the Silicon Graphics, use "togif" [FTP from site 129.173.18.107] to get
a GIF file from the RGB, download that to the Mac, and convert to PICT using
PICTure This.

[I had to uuencode/decode the GIFs for transfer; PICTure This sometimes had
 problems w/ binary-downloaded GIFs.]

--dennis bruggink
  bruggink at ccc.nersc.gov