jot

Peter Jaspers-Fayer SOFPJF at VM.UOGUELPH.CA
Thu Sep 20 03:54:44 AEST 1990

Re JOT:

1) I find the "Save file as" notifier of JOT gets in the way.
   Why not have "Save file" and "Save file as ..." as separate items on
   the main menu?  The former would just write the file with no further
   further ado. (like ":w<cr>" command in ed/ex/vi)  Just my personal
   view (sorry).

2) Why oh why can't I specify a full path to a file in that notifier?
   No matter what I say (eg ~/foo) I get "Save file failed, unable to
   write file" - with no further notification.  Why is it unable?

3) `man jot` makes reference to "jotview".  `whereis jotview` only
   shows a man page.  So the question remains: Whereis jotview?

4) I know it's supposed to be a simple editor, but a simple addition to
   the "Search for:" notifier to allow global changes sure would be
   nice.   Please Mr Jot-writer?

/PJ                                                SofPJF at VM.UoGuelph.Ca
(Probably also reachable (until ?) at             SOFPJF at UOGUELPH.BITNET)