1024 x 768 video from Personal Iris?

Jeff Prothero jsp at milton.biostr.washington.edu
Fri Sep 28 05:03:28 AEST 1990

Does anyone know how/if you produce 1024 x 768 video on a Personal
Iris?  I understand the PI is available with a Sony monitor which runs
at this resolution, but am unable to find anyone who has such a beast,
any manual reference to putting the PI into such a video mode, any
header file defining such a mode, or any hint that a special video
board is required/available.

(The problem is that the film recorder we bought for our Iris 3020
(remember them?) maxes out at 1024x768.  We're now using PIs
everywhere, and would like to use the film recorder with them.  We
can't afford a new 1280x1024 film recorder, and it looks like our 3020
is headed for the junkheap.  So a hardware and/or software hack to
temporarily (or even permanently) set a PI to produce 1024 x 768 video
would be very welcome just now...)

 Thanks in advance,

 -- Jeff