Problems with optimization

Scott Henry scotth at corp.sgi.com
Sat Feb 9 02:32:32 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb8.215810.29895 at odin.corp.sgi.com> micah at flobb4.csd.sgi.com (Micah Altman) writes:

m> In <1991Feb8.140148.9947 at vaxa.strath.ac.uk> cbas25 at vaxa.strath.ac.uk writes:

>I have been trying to compile a rather large (Fortran) program
>using the -O3 directive to do all optimizations.  Under these
>conditions the compilation fails with the error message:-

>usplit: Error: cannot read/write ucodes from/to /tmp/ctmlua01046//
>               tmp/ctmsa01046: Error 0

>(the message appears all on one line), together with the message:-

>                       dks0dls0 out of space.

m> This means that you are running out of space on /dev/root for the
m> tmp files created during the compilation/optimization process.

>Can anybody help??      What am I doing wrong??   Any advice will

m> Make more space on /dev/root? Change the partition size? Create a symbolic
m> link between /tmp and /usr/tmp?

`setenv TMPDIR /usr/tmp` solves this for me. I haven't found any comamnds
that make big temp files that don't respect TMPDIR (or use . for temp
files).

--
 Scott Henry <scotth at sgi.com> / Traveller on Dragon Wings
 Information Services,       / Help! My disclaimer is missing!