Serial Line Ip on SGI

Jeremy Webber jeremy at cs.adelaide.edu.au
Sun Feb 10 16:47:46 AEST 1991

In article <VANNI.91Feb8183244 at allegro.mit.edu> vanni at allegro.mit.edu (Giovanni Aliberti) writes:

   Is anyone running SLIP on any SGi machines ??

We nearly did.  I got the code, and ported it, which was not that difficult,
and got it running experimentally.  I didn't do robustness tests.

The port is not hard if you have a device driver manual for the SGI.  You need
some clues found in SGI's header files too.  I believe that SGI have SL/IP too,
so you may not need to port it yourself.

	-jeremy

Jeremy Webber			   ACSnet: jeremy at chook.ua.oz
Digital Arts Film and Television,  Internet: jeremy at chook.ua.oz.au
3 Milner St, Hindmarsh, SA 5007,   Voicenet: +61 8 346 4534
Australia			   Papernet: +61 8 346 4537 (FAX)