/usr/people

Glenn Randers-Pehrson, TBD|WMB glennrp at BRL.MIL
Thu Feb 14 01:54:01 AEST 1991

 > From: steve at CHAOS.OCEAN.FSU.EDU (Steve Van Gorder)
 > I just noticed by accident today that /usr/people is owned by guest !?!?
 > This doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Shouldn't it be owned by root?
 >
 > drwxr-xr-x  10 guest    guest        512 Feb 12 12:24 people
 >
 > I have a 4D/20 running 3.3.1

	Good grief.  I found the same situation.  It was on a system
disc that I recently installed from scratch with the 3.3 installation
tapes.  On another disc running 3.3.1, but originally delivered with 3.1F
and then upgraded to 3.3, the ownership is "root".  On another system,
delivered with 3.2, the ownership is "bin".  I presume under 4.0 "mail"
will be the owner.

...Glenn Randers-Pehrson <glennrp at brl.mil>