Printing to a postscript printer

Darrell R. Davis davis at adenosin
Thu Feb 14 14:32:33 AEST 1991

In article <BD253FC7A37F001910 at NRCNET.NRC.CA>, SERRER at NRCM3 (Martin Serrer) writes:

>  What is the easiest way to get ASCII files printed on a postscript printer
>(QMS PS820T) connected to an IRIS 4D50/GT running IRIX 3.3.1

You can give SGI money for the software that converts ascii to
postscript, (ENSCRIPT). My understanding is that they don't make much
money on this, but charge what it costs them for the license.
Alternatively you can use a public domain postscript converter.  I
have been very happy with 'lptops', available via anonymous ftp from
science.utah.edu. This supports a number of nice features including
different fonts, pagination, multiple columns, etc.

 Darrell R. Davis
 Medicinal Chemistry
 University of Utah