Is C++ available?

Peter Whaite peta at McRCIM.McGill.EDU
Wed Feb 6 12:34:45 AEST 1991

Sorry, but I forgot a subject line in my last posting so here it is again.  We have several Iris Personals and a VGX machine.  So far we have been using C and gl libraries which is OK for simple applications, but rapidly bogs down when more and more functionality is added.  We need to get a little more object oriented so:

1. Has anyone had any experience with C++ on Silicon Graphics machines?

2. Is it possible to compile g++ for these machines?

3. Are there any class definition libraries (similiar to InterViews for X )
   which make it easier to program the graphics interface?