sockets and GL queue...

michael sweet sweetmr at SCT60A.SUNYCT.EDU
Mon Feb 4 23:18:47 AEST 1991

> I am faced with the task of writing a program which manages a user
> interface (i.e. having fun with the event queue) and listening to
> a socket for incoming messages..... (extra stuff deleted)

Well, there are several ways; first, you can poll the queue and socket,
sleeping with sginap() in between polls (to cut CPU usage), or second,
you could get the FD for the window and have it send a SIGIO when something
comes in.  I don't remember off hand if the same thing is available with
sockets or not...

 -Mike Sweet

"The only        TASC                      (315) 724-1100 (voice)
 truth is that   555 French Road           (315) 724-2031 (fax)
 there are no    New Hartford, NY  13413   Internet: sweetmr at sct60a.sunyct.edu
 truths, only beliefs."                    Delphi:   DODGECOLT