color postscript and psview

Peter Silva aspgpas at cidsv01.cid.aes.doe.CA
Thu Feb 21 02:20:08 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb19.203014.1069 at odin.corp.sgi.com>,
msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com (Mark Callow) writes:
|> In article <9102191238.AA28006 at aero36.larc.nasa.gov>,
blbates at AERO36.LARC.NASA.GOV (Brent Bates ViGYAN AAD/TAB) writes:

|> Once again Mr. Bates has his facts wrong. Our version of NeWS (and therefore
|> psview) supports both the image and imagemask operators. Unfortunately the
|> implementation is not complete. The matrix argument is ignored and an
identity
|> matrix is assumed. This is good enough for many applications to get their
|> images displayed.
|> --

Excuse moi,  but the only time I REALLY NEED postscript is when I want to
display some image that was, for example, created on a mac.  Invariably, when
I invoke psview on the image, the window manager dies, and I must reset the
station.  Partial support is WORSE than none at all,  how are we supposed to
tell which .eps files will crash it and which won't ?  And further, why does
it kill the window manager at all?

Peter Silva			OS Support
psilva at cid.aes.doe.ca		Dorval Computing Centre
(514) 421-4692			Atmospheric Environment Service